Kingdom'opoly  WHICH KINGDOM DO YOU LIVE IN? You have a choice.   THE PAPER  A novel to increase your faith

BOOKS FOR SALE      $15.00

Romance, Excitement, Adventure, Deep

Everlasting Life



Declaration of Independence




Evidence of Holy Spirit Language


Crabb Linage

Helland Family History

Jeannette Glenn Ross

Jockisch Linage

Used Books for Sale

Church History


Raitt Linage

Ross Linage



Holy Spirit Filled Christians

Egg Activities

Used Books for Sale


 A book to help you to be:



over comer


defeat the devil


All through knowing the Truth- Jesus our Messiah












John Haldren" (Nov.3,1887 Ohio- 19 Apr 19, 1956 in Baldwin Park, California ) m. Cecelia Jeanette Glenn " , then Mirtie. He died from Uremic poisoning.

          John and Jeanette Ross

         John Haldren was born Nov. 3,1887 in Ohio. He was born with blue eyes, brown hair and grew to be 6’ tall. Jeanette Glenn was born Aug. 29,1891 in Kentucky. She also had blue eyes and brown hair • However, she. only grew to be 5 tall • John’ s family moved to Kellyville, Oklahoma while he was a youth. Jeanette’s family also moved to Kellyville. They met around 1907 and fell in love. John and Jeanette were married. He was able to secure his own business - an Oil Well Casing and Hauling business. His business grew so he was able to hire on helpers. While his business was prospering an unforeseen event entered his live that was to completely changed. it. A mad dog bit his wife Jeanette, daughter Bertna and around eight other people. The closest place for treatment was Tulsa. This met an expensive train ride or almost certain death for each individual. The people were poor and didn’t have the money so John took out a loan on his business to pay their way. Time came to pay back the loan and the money wasn’t there. The people didn’t reimburse John for the train fare, so he had to sell his business to pay the debt.

     This experience broke John’s spirit and he packed up his family and moved to California. He and his wife had marital problems that led to divorce. Jeanette after her divorce from John Haldren Ross ", was interested in furthering her education so when her daughter Mattielee was attending night school she also attended. Jeanette and Bill purchased a home in Long Beach, California. It had one bedroom and next to the garage Jeanette’s son-in-law (Wesley Ross added a roam. In their yard they had a tall apricot tree that Jeanette would harvest and then can and dry the apricots. They also for a while raised rabbits. Bill died leaving Jeanette alone. She took in a border to help make expenses. About a year before her death she was able to purchase new living room furniture and enjoy it. One of her grandchildren moved to Long Beach with her husband and they would bring Melody Ann, Jeanette’s great grandchild over to visit. Jeanette would always get Melody a Band-Aid to play with.

    John and Jeanette had three children while living in Kellyvil1e, Oklahoma.


Jeanette, Bertna, Mattielee & John                                               Back roll: Frances Ross, Kenneth Ross Paul Ross, P. Elizabeth Ross

                                                                                                  Front roll: Nikki Nahmens, Jeanette Haffner, Mattielee Nahmens, Bertna Ross



 A. Mattielee Ross (Mar. 27,1909-Oct.31,1996)m. Apr. 25,1930 Hal Nahmens Mattielee Ross  Nahmens Kellyville, Oklahoma.

    March 27,1909 brought the arrival of Mattielee to John and Jeanette Ross. She was a blue eye, light blond beauty. As she matured her hair turned brown and she grew to a height 4’11" and 99 pounds in her teenage years. Reflecting back on her childhood years both the tragic and the happy events came to her remembrance. There was shock watching not only one of her homes burn to the ground but later a second. Hearing her parents having strong disagreements that later finalized in a divorce topped the former events.

     But, there were happy events • The times when her mom - singing alto - and her dad - singing melody - would harmonize songs. While swinging on the swing her dad had made for her the aroma of freshly, cooked doughnuts floated out to her from the kitchen where her parents were making them and harmonizing their voices. These were particularly precious moments. Camping, fishing and swimming, going to church picnics, and watching her parents do “cut-a-rug” at the western dances were fun. Mattielee further recalls traveling in their car to visit relatives in other parts of Oklahoma and Kansas where her mother relatives lived.

    During the summer the whole family would travel with their dad as he did his long hauls as a truck and team contractor. And it was also a joy to be home and going to sleep knowing that everything was safe and sound including the animals in their shelters. It was just a sheer joy to be alive. Mattielee would play a lot with the neighborhood children and her cousins. For play the girls all wore dresses, slacks and shorts were unheard of then. They played hide and seek, and also played "Annie, Annie Over” where two teams were chosen and were placed on either side of the house. One team would throw the ball over the house and the receiving team would madly try to catch the ball and then run to the other side and try to tag their opponents. These players then became part of their team. The team with the most players won. On rainy days when she wasn’t reading for she read a lot, she would be either playing with her dolls, making doll clothes or plucking on the piano.

    To be able to have all the energy needed to play the above games a good breakfast was needed. Everyone ate breakfast. Mattielee remembers the foods for breakfast included: oatmeal; corn flakes; grape nuts; etc.; pancakes; syrup with bacon or sausage; and prunes. After they moved to California, they had orange juice which was inexpensive in California but had been sold at a premium in Oklahoma. Going to the store to pick up these foods or other needed items was a very common experience especially since they were only a few blocks away. Church, school, and play clothes were all different yet similar. The similar part was that they were all dresses. For church Mattielee wore dressy dresses whether going to her father’s church - Methodist - or her mother’s -Baptist. School clothes varied as to elementary, junior high or high school. In the elementary grades she was allowed to wear only dresses with long stockings (the principal would not allow knee-high socks ) and shoes. In junior high they could wear anything: dresses, sweaters, skirts, and knee-high socks. Uniforms were required in high school so you couldn’t tell the rich kids from the poor kids- of course everyone knew anyway. The uniforms consisted of blue serge skirts, pleated, white middy blouses with the regular middy color which had blue braids on it. Finally, play clothes were older dresses. Certainly, dress styles have changed for better or worse.

     After graduating from the 8th grade in Kellyville, Oklahoma, her parents decided to move to California. She didn’t want to go and believes her siblings felt the same. Accompanied by a friend of the family who drove his own car, it took them over six weeks to get all the way to Long Beach, California. One car or the other would go on the blink and they had to stay over long enough to fix it. As a consequence when they arrived in California school had been in progress six weeks. This changed Mattielee's life forever.  It was too late to enroll in the required courses required for college prep. She would have to wait another year to go to school or else she could enroll in business classes. She was too late to take math or any of the sciences. After a family conference with the school counselor, it was decided Mattielee would enter the four year commercial course of study. This would make it possible for her to obtain employment as a bookkeeper, secretary, etc.

    High school for Mattielee was uniforms and school work and babysitting and working in a soda fountain during the summers. Mattielee really enjoyed learning how to make the banana splits, sodas, and sundaes and waiting on the customers. She continued to love reading and it may have been during this part of her life that she gained an even greater appreciation for good music, literature, and drama.

    It was during her high school years that her parents divorces . Consequently, her mom had to make a living. Jeanette opened a cafe and Bertna and Mattielee took a year off from school and helped in the cafe. Mattielee almost didn’t finish high school but she decided that trying to make a living without a high school education was strictly for the birds. She went back and did very well. She was one of the top students at Long Beach Poly High in the commercial arts field. She won many certificates for typing and shorthand speed. Whenever they had a convention of teachers, they would select the best students to cover the convention -- take down speeches in shorthand, type them up and mimeograph them for distribution among the guest at the convention. Mattielee was always chosen. It was very exciting. In high school she belonged to a social sorority and she remained in touch with the “sisters” her whole life by telephone, letters, and Christmas cards. She arranged a reunion with them in Long Beach when they were all in their eighties. “Who are all those little old ladies with canes?!?” Mattielee said to herself when she saw them again after so many years, for she had been picturing them as still young and spry.  

    Her mother had a gentleman friend who owned a large trucking concern. He didn't drive, but had drivers. He had a firm of attorneys representing him in all of his legal matters and he put in a good word to them about Mattielee’s business skills. The firm interviewed her and, sure enough, during her last year of high school she got a job—working for them on Saturdays. Consequently, after graduation, she was the only one in her class who had a job to go to. She was now on her way to a very interesting career as a legal secretary. By the way, Mattielee’s name rhymes with “Natalie” a pretty sounding name, for originally it had been spelled Mattielee (no ‘e’ in the middle). She added the ‘e’ for a silly reason (when playing a “Who will I marry?” game that used the number of letters in the persons’ names to predict who would eventually marry whom, she wanted the boy she had a crush on to match up to her name so she added that letter to her first name and it stuck from that day forward!). She long regretted adding the ‘e’ in the middle because from then on, people outside the family miss-pronounced her name “Mattie Lee”, a drab and homely sounding name. Luckily, along the way, one of her lawyer boss preferred to call her “Lee” instead of Mattielee and ever since everyone called her “Lee” outside her family.  

    Mattielee and her mother attended night school. While Bertna took the courses mentioned in her biography, Jeanette and Mattielee took swimming and candy dipping -- fun things. Mattielee enjoyed swimming side-stroke more freestyle or any other stroke. Mattielee also took drama. In her same drama class was a Mr. Hal Nahmens. They were cast opposite each other and during rehearsals they fell in love. They never did put on that play. Mattielee was in several plays though after that, and Hal being a member of the Long Beach Players Guild was also in several plays - including a musical.  Hal proposed Christmas eve in 1929 and they were secretly married April 25, 1930 in Lake Ellsinore . Her friend/cousin Sonora was their witness.

    Jeanette did not like Hal very much and he had just lost his job during the bank failure - a prelude to the depression. They announced their elopement only after he had found work and some friend of his had left the two of them in charge of a beautiful home close to the beach in Long Beach for three months while they toured Europe . It was very ritzy living there. A new phase of her life started. While living in Long Beach , California their first child, Jack Edwin, was born (April 6,1933). Just before he was born, there was a great earthquake in Long Beach . Pregnant Mattielee fortunately was not sitting in the chair by the piano when the earthquake hit - but she had been earlier that day. Bricks fell into the piano and onto the chair; no one was hurt. Hal and other members of the ARALB Ham Radio Club he co-founded in 1924 in Long Beach set up their ham radios in public places to relay messages from loved ones during the aftermath of that earthquake. They did that for hours on end because there was such a great need to get word out to one another during the crisis.

    When Jack was two years old, Harold and Mattielee separated. Mattielee and Jack moved to northern California and Mattielee bought a new 2-bedroom house in Albany. Hal came to his senses and followed soon after. In the forties, both during World War II and after, Hal served off and on in the Pacific. First, in an air transport service as a radio man and then at sea with the merchant marines, transporting military men and supplies. He loved being a radio man on air transport planes but his ear canals were so small, the pain was too great in those unpressurized airplanes. He got to see the world of the Pacific Ocean: Japan , Okinawa , Tonga .   At home, Mattielee felt very unhappy doing unimportant chores. They needed the young men and the country needed oil. Several of the women in her neighborhood answered the appeal to women to come to Standard Oil Company and learn the job of refining oil. After weighing the pros and cons she left her old job as a legal secretary and joined her neighbors. She was trained first by a teacher and then by two young men whom she would replace while they went off to war. After quite a thorough training - learning how to treat crude oil, how to fight oil fires, and how to pump oil from the treating tanks to trucks, ships or storage tanks, she put her new knowledge and skills into practice doing shift work.  It was a sad time. It was hard work but necessary. Mattielee was blessed to find a wonderful Canadian woman, Mrs. Josephs, to live with her and Jack during this time; she lived only a block away. (She was a jewel and they remained friends for years and years then eventually returned to Victoria Canada to be cared for herself, in her declining years.)  For her work at Standard Oil Refinery in Richmond CA , Mattielee received a commendation from the President of the United States , plus a pin with an “E” for Efficiency. When Mrs. Josephs took time off from taking care of Jack and her, her mom Jeanette and husband “Daddy Bill” Haffner came up north to stay with them.     Shortly before the war ended in 1945, Mattielee quit Standard Oil to be a full time housewife and mother.

    A new addition to their family, Nikki Ann, was born when Jack was a teenager. Jeanette still did not like Hal, so Mattielee had kept her pregnancy a secret --- was her mother ever surprised and thrilled to hear they had a new baby girl!  Meanwhile, Jack was an excellent student, beloved by his teachers. He earned Eagle Scout in boy scout Troop 12. He had a paper route as a teenager, and when he found little Nikki home alone (their mom had stepped out for 5 minutes), he wheeled Nikki up on his shoulders, and delivered his newspapers; a newsman noticed and wrote an article about it in the Albany Times. Jack aspired to become a dentist and learned from his own dentist many things about that career. When he entered UC Berkeley, he began his studies in English and Chemistry and other pre-med courses in 1951.  

     When Hal returned from WWII where he had served in the Merchant Marines and in air transport services, Hal sold and serviced radios and appliances and the very first televisions. He did sales and service at Maxwell’s in Berkeley until he was asked to be manager of Del Courtney TV in Albany. Del Courtney was a famous show business personality in the late 1940’s/early 1950’s and beyond, a band leader, and host of a local daily TV show. Del Courtney sold him the TV store, when Nikki was 10 years old, allowing Hal to at last be in business for himself. He worked 6 days a week, and also Thursday evenings for many years. Being home in post-WWII years gave Mattielee time to join clubs and be active in the community. Mattielee arranged local television appearances for the guest artists and helped select the artists who appeared.

    Over the years as a stay-at-home mom, she became President of the Scout Mothers’ Organization, was assistant leader of the Brownie troop, an active member of the PTA being chairman and President of a 3-year study club of women -- studying different governments of the world. They had notable lecturers from all over the world that spoke to their group. One of the lecturers was from Rio, whom she visited decades later when Hal earned a free trip for top TV salesmen to Brazil. The highest office she held was Executive Secretary of the Albany -El Cerrito Community Concert. She was at one of the concerts the night tragedy struck their happy home. January 31, 1952 an auto accident took the life of her college age son, Jack, leaving an empty void in all their lives. Mattielee became mad at God and never stopped blaming herself for Jack’s death, feeling he would not have been in that car going to Palm Springs if she had helped him to get last-minute tickets to the upcoming community Whist Party, when he asked her. They all went on with their lives, but Hal and Lee’s grief was always underneath.

     Mattielee and Nikki went trailer camping and clamming on Pismo Beach with Nikki’s Auntie Bert, Uncle Wesley, and cousin Kenneth while Hal stayed behind to work. The three of them went to Mexico for three weeks to get away. Another time with their kitty Bootsie they rented a rustic cabin with family friends in Richardson ’s Redwood Grove, but always returning to a houseful of memories was very painful so they eventually sold the house and rented one across town. In August 1958, Mattielee went back to work. She worked for Cal Farm Insurance as a legal secretary until her stroke in 1968. They worked and saved their money and purchased a lovely home in Pinole and continued to vacation in beautiful places: with Hal to Waikiki , Hawaii ; with Nikki to Victoria , B.C.; another cabin vacation to Lake Tahoe for two weeks (the prettiest of all).

     Nikki had become a Christian in 1971; as Mattielee witnessed Nikki’s joy in the Lord, she longed to reconnect with the God she had been angry with. In the ‘80s, she rededicated her life to the Lord Jesus Christ, joined the church, and became a helper in their Drive-In ministry. She gave up smoking for Lent and prayed for God’s help to quit entirely. She never smoked again. Mattielee and Hal celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary, quite an accomplishment with our high divorce rate, and remained devoted to each other to the end. Now blind, Hal enjoyed Books for the Blind recordings and enjoyed working his Ham Radio using Morse Code.

        Mattielee attended Senior Citizens meetings, went to Bible Studies, and canvassed her block inviting those without a church home to come and try hers. As the song says, “I have learned to Trust in Jesus”-- this she did and came out on the winning side.


Hal and Mattielee Nahmens' children:

 1.. Jack Nahmens  (April 6,1933- January 31, 1951 auto accident)

 2. Nikki Nahmens  ( Nikki married John Gage.        

B. Bertna Mae Ross (Oct.17,1911- March 29, 1981 Oregon, cancer) married Wesley Ross , had one son- Kenneth. Wesley died February 28,1979.  


     The second child born to Jeanette and John was Bertna was in Kellyville, Oklahoma. She had blue eyes and grew to a height of around 5’5 and slender. While growing up she didn’t care for dolls. Instead, she would dress up her kitty and her puppy in the doll’s clothes and put them in the doll carriage and cover them, then take them for a ride. If one pet or the other tried to pick on the other, she would give them a little hit, they would settle down and apparently enjoy the ride. Another thing she liked was to climb up one of the fruit trees -- with her animals — and play house with them. She could entertain herself for hours playing with the animals. She also played all the games that Mattielee played, cards -- such as Rook and Hearts, checkers, etc.

    Another thing she would do was to sit in her little chair and read to her brother who was tied to the clothes line. (He had a habit of running away to his cousins’ place -- without asking permission or telling anyone -- to go swimming with them. Jeanette would be frantic looking for him so she put a harness on him and clipped it to the clothesline so he couldn’t run away.) Bertna was always the tall est. Mattielee cannot remember being taller than her. She was very protective of Mattielee and their little brother. They had a cousin -- a very large bully -- Joe Newton -- who got his kicks prodding smaller kids to fight. Bertna would race right in and stop whoever was fighting either John or Mattielee and lick the daylights out of them and she wasn’t intimidated by Joe one bit.

     In addition to being a very beautiful girl in looks, she was a beautiful person inside. In the seventh grade, she was honored by having her poem published in the year book. She quit school at the end of her Sophomore year to marry Bennie. (July 15,1928) They were so much in love.  She didn’t stop going to school and learning though, especially after she married Wesley Ross  (May 21,1935) in  Crescent City, Calif.

     Wesley had a two year old son who Bertna raised and loved like her own son. She and Wesley took up ceramics and she had many beautiful pieces they made and cherished. They also took up furniture refinishing and refinished many pieces of furniture. They took up painting, papering and reupholstering. Reupholstering their own furniture. She and Wes also took up some kind of bronze art work. Bertna gave Mattielee two beautiful pictures of a Chinese woman and a Chinese man. She learned knitting and sewing and made argyle socks for all the men in the family one Christmas. She made all her own clothes and Kenneth's and Vernon’s while they were growing up -- even suits and overcoats.

    Kenneth was born in California. When she sat, she worked on something. She was a Den Mother and tried her hand at working. Both Bennie and Wesley tried to discourage her from working outside the home. Her first job that Mattielee remembers was working in a detective agency in Long Beach. They were so pleased with her they wanted her to become a detective. She had more than the normal share of the power of observation. She saw many things that the normal person would miss. Bennie would have none of it so she quit. She took the training and earned the proper license to drive a school bus, and did drive for a long time. She enjoyed that very much. She could make the kids behave and she loved them very much.  She also tried her hand with Mattielee working in the oil refinery during World War 11. They needed women to take the place of men who had to answer the draft call. Wesley had a fit, so she quit that job too. Bertna took a real estate course and became a real estate salesperson, then studied for and became a real estate broker. She did very well in that field too. Bertna wasn’t one for ladies clubs, like her sister. That just wasn’t her “cup-of-tea”.

    Wesley and Bertna sold their property in Santa Maria because she couldn’t breathe there. They moved to the desert, Yucca Valley where she did much better. Wesley hated the desert and wanted to move north , which they did -- Crescent City, Anderson and eventually to Olympia, Washington. Wesley was born Crescent City, Calif. and wanted to go back there. Bertna hated the rain - rain - rain, so she and Kenneth moved to Portland. Wesley’s sister Crystal lives there.

 Bertna Melody Wesley Wesley Ross Helland Ross Ross Wesley and Bertna Ross'

  a. Kenneth Ross  married Fumiko Umezawa

      March 29,1981 Bertna succumbed to cancer.


C. John Paul Ross  (Oct. 5,1913-Sept. 13,1986) Married Nov. 23,1938 Fran Jockisch

John Ross

    John Ross made his debut October 5,1913 in Kellyville, Oklahoma as the third child to John and Jeanette Ross. John was born with blue eyes, brown hair and grew to a height of 6’2” weighing around 190 pounds. Paul was named after his dad and grandfather. His first ten years were spent in Kellyville among red soil, trees, rolling hills and lots of farm land. Running streams were nearby for fishing. An old fashion general store with everything from apples to horse’s yokes was a few blocks from where they lived. He would visit there frequently. Paul remembers to have water he had to go out the back door and pump it.

     In 1923 they moved to Long Beach, California where things went from bad to worse f or his parents' marriage and finally they divorced. Paul lived with his mother for a while then with his father. Finally, he decided to run away. For shelter at night he  spent it at the police station with permission. Running away didn’t help, so he returned home. Graduating from high school he entered the job market. His first job was working as a laborer on a dam.

    It wasn’t until after his marriage to Fran that he secured a position at the Pacific Telephone Company where he worked until a heart attack forced early retirement, at the age of 58.  Paul took correspondent courses in electricity and electronics and gradually worked his way up from a ditch digger for the telephone company to Senior Engineer. Paul and Fran married in Monrovia Christian Church where Fran attended. Paul would work nights and sleep during the day or try to , while continuously studying.

     He found over the years his subjects became easier and he read more and more. His favorite pleasure reading are Science Fiction stories. Paul remembers in the twenties when the radio first went on the market and how the tone quality is the same today. In the late forties he was one of the first in the City of Banning, California to have a black and white television set that required a ‘bubble’ in front of it to see the picture. A ‘bubble’ is a large thick glass that magnifies the picture. Paul bought Fran a dishwasher right after they went on the market in 1948 or 49. He also made a black and white television set for his daughter. At first, the telephone company moved Paul around a lot from Central California, Santa Maria down to Needles over to Banning and finally Los Angeles. In Banning they purchased their first home.

     Paul added a bedroom so Paulette would have a room of her own. He also put in a lawn by having Paulette sit on a 2 by 8 or 10 attached to him with ropes and would pull her across the yard. Paulette found this to be great fun. The 2-by-8 board would level the ground. Paul’s health became a factor in Banning and the doctors couldn’t diagnose the problem. But even with a lack of energy he started a coin operated television business putting televisions in motels, hotels, and bars. The customer would pay 25¢ to watch a certain amount of time.  After moving to San Gabriel, California, Paul learned he had Addison's disease and would have to take shots and later tablets to keep the disease under submission. When his daughter was in the third grade, he took a month off from work, borrowed his sister’s (Bertna) sleeping trailer that had a stove and ice box, and went up to the giant Redwood Forest. Here he relaxed and built Paulette a doll house.

     Some years later his back started bothering him and he was bedridden for a time. This didn’t stop him, he spoke on the telephone to three different locations at one time to trouble shoot a problem. For the telephone company he invented several items that improved communications. He planned and coordinated the work of others, further he was the chief trouble shooter in a 500 mile stretch of new and untested communication equipment area. He designed and coordinated an alarm system for the same area. Further, he saved the Bell Telephone system about 20 million dollars through modifying the new communications system.  He took classes and taught them for the telephone company.   

    In 1957 the first earth satellite went into orbit :sputnik  . Two years later when Elizabeth was in her Senior year of high school, he helped her write a speech concerning communications involving the use of satellites. This was  1959/60. He could see they could be used to see events happening around the world at the time they happened. Elizabeth presented the speech at school and her teacher said no way. Of course we have now watched sports events, a man walk on the moon, and other events to know that Paul indeed was correct. In 1957 Paul wrote the following poem:


In all the history

of our race

There will be only one

first man in space

Whatever nation

puts him there

Forever more his fame

will share.


            On April 12,1961, Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin X made a single orbit around the earth. Alan Sheppard  on May 5,1961, and Virgil Grissom, on July 21, rocketed to a height of miles in 300-mile-long flights.

 In 1968 Paul had a major heart attack and retired .

    He started traveling more and in 1980 Fran and him went to England, Italy, Germany, France and Switzerland. They also went to Hawaii and many of the continental states. He continued working on inventions, taking care of their rental property, and desires to travel more. Fran’s health has been the limiting factor.

    Paul is listed in the Marquis Who’s Who in the West starting 1965-66 publication. (United States). What two books have written about him. DICTIONARY OF INTERNATIONAL BIOGRAPHY, 1967, Fourth Edition. D.I.B. LONDON “Ross, J. Paul born 5th Oct. 1913. Electrical Engineer. Appointments with the Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Co. include: Toll Transmission Man, 1942 —54; Chief Transmission Man, 1954; Plant Staff Asst.,1957-62; Staff Supervisor, 1962-63; Senior Engineer, 1963. Designer of Automatic Vandalism Detection System installed in over 50 of the Pacific Telephone Co’s. un attended Long Distance Equipment Stations.” WHO”S WHO IN TIE WEST 1967-68. Volume 10 Marquis - Who’s Who. page 755 “Ross, 3. Paul, elec. engr; b Kellyville, Okla, Oct. 5,1913. S. John Haldren and Jeanette (Glenn) R; student International Corr. Sch. 1940-46. M. Frances Lillian Jockisch . Nov. 23,1938. 1 day; Paulette Elizabeth. With Pacific Tel & Tel. Co. Los Angeles; 1940 - staff supr. 1962- 63 sp. engr; 1963 - Hem. IEEE.

    Frances died in 1983 leaving him a widower. In 1986 he became ill. Elizabeth came in from Arizona to help him. Taking him to the hospital it was learned he was very low on Potassium. He had been living mostly on TV dinners. Frozen foods rob the body of Potassium. Elizabeth asked her father to accept Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. He declined. She then asked if she could read the Bible to him. He agree. For around three weeks or so she read four chapters a day. Feeling the need to return home, Elizabeth called and asked her daughter Melody on her 19th birthday to go to CA and take care of her grandfather. She consented and Elizabeth returned to AZ. Paul's health all the time was declining. One night Melody asked her grandfather if he would accept Jesus. He said yes. Melody led him in the sinners prayer. Due to his health he was put in the hospital and then to a nursing home. He joined his Lord and Savior the next morning: Sept. 13,1986.

 1. Paulette Elizabeth Ross Doctor of Ministry m. Michael David Helland   (Div. ) M. K. Jerome Anderson (Reverend)    She was in Marquis Who's Who of America and Women.       

   a. Melody Helland

   b. Edward Helland & Ana Paula

        1. Eric            

Tour of the USA in 1983 USA TOUR 1983

   John and Mirtie Leona (Bassett)  Ross I am not sure of the spelling of Mirtie or Myrtie or ? 


Wayne, Paul, John H. Ross  Myrtie,? Lucille,                   John, Myrtie, Daniel, Paul, Grandma Jockisch, Dale Jockisch        Paul     John   Myrtie          ?        Bob?

Helen, Bob,        Lewis   Jimmy,                                        Bob,      Lewis,        Jimmy,  Paulette                                Jimmy?        Paulette  Don              Lewis

On the above picture, it is very possible I goofed on the names of the older children. I have not seen any of them since 1986 except Paulette.

    John married Mirtie Basset and Jeanette married Bill Haffner. John went on to have seven more children John and Mirtie bought a home in Baldwin Park. John worked at construction work. Here they had chickens and old cars for the boys to tinker on. John came down with diabetes that eventually caused uremic poisoning. He died April 19,1956. Jeanette also died of uremic poisoning on Oct. 21,1970.    

 4.. Harold Wayne Ross  m.  Denise Joy Powell  . Parents    Glenn L Powell.


5. Sarah “Lucille” Ross heart failure) mar. Ray G. Bains  (died of lung cancer)

    a. John Bains "  m. Eileen

    b. Jerry Gerald Bains  m. Arliss

        1. Tommy Bains

        2. Brandy Bains

    c. Debra Bains "  m. Richard Borquez

    d. Conna Bains  m. Richard Ortez


6. Mary Helen Ross m. Thompson 2nd m. Havlu

    a. Robert Thompson

    b. Daniel Thompson m. adopted

        1. Scott Thompson

         2. Sheryl Thompson

    4. Jimmie Thompson

    Married Mr. Havlu

        2. Robert Havlu "  m. Barbara

                a. Son 3..

        Shirley Havlu  mar. Joe Gallagher

                 1. Joe Joseph Gallagher

                 2. Jackolin "Jackie" Gallaghe

7. Charles Robert “Bob” Ross m. Florence

    a. Marylee Ross  m. J Rockie L. Gallimore

    b. Charles Robert Ross Jr . m. Peggy Lynn Rivas Father: Alonzo Rivas Jr

8. James “Jimmy” Efton Ross m  Pat

    a. Sherrie Ann Ross  mar. Kenneth Alan Snyder

 9. Lewis “Pete” Clinton Ross  (Jan. 17,1942-) mar. 1963Karen 2nd. m. Shirley

     a. Billy Ross

     b. Sharon Lynn Ross                     

 10. Donald Leroy Ross m. Karen Elizabeth Roberts Mother Marybelle Clark Roberts. Clark"     Then Vicki Ruth Crabb  Parents. Kenneth L. Crabb

     a. Dirk Ryan Ross

     b. Danielle Ross


Hit Counter